[U-Boot] U-Boot Versioning

Luigi 'Comio' Mantellini luigi.mantellini.ml at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 09:37:04 CEST 2008

Il lunedì 01 settembre 2008 17:54:08 Robert Schwebel ha scritto:
> On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 01:12:31AM +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> > Or use colors.
> >
> > The next release will then be the Yellow Submarine :)
>
> We've also considered to name toolchain releases after food. So for
> example if gcc-4.3.2 would be spagetti, binutils-2.18 would be tomatos,
> glibc-2.8 would be mincemeat; so a release from these components could
> be called the "spagetty bolognese" release, which would definitely be
> better than gcc-4.3.2-glibc-2.8-kernel-2.6.26-arm-v4t-linux-gnueabi.

good idea... but I would like to clarify that we (italians) don't eat
Spaghetti with Bolognese but we prefer to use Tagliatelle or Tortellini or
Ravioli pasta, and the Sugo Bolognese's ingredients are:
  - Onion
  - Olive Oil (Extra-virgin!)
  - Celery
  - Carrot
  - Wine
  - (little bit) milk (if you want)
  - minced meet (beef)
  - (litte bit) lard or bacon (if you want)
  - tomato
  - a lot of time

Using the Sugo alla Bolognese we can give a name for each file of the
toolchain...

ciao

luigi

--