[U-Boot] Changing u-boot parameter from linux.

Brian S. Park brian.park at corelis.com
Tue Sep 2 20:52:46 CEST 2008

Hi all,
What is the recommended way to update u-boot parameter (such as
network IP) from linux? In the past, I just updated the parameter
sector in the flash by calculating the check sum and wrote the new
data to the flash directly from linux application. This works ok if
u-boot is not updated. I realized that u-boot has changed the way it
writes the parameter to the flash since we used in on our last
hardware (version 1.0.0) and am wondering if there is a better way to do this.

Thanks

Brian

Brian S. Park  brian.park at corelis.com  (562) 926-6727 x132