[U-Boot] u-boot for BMW board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Sep 3 16:59:32 CEST 2008

Dear Ramji PanchaReddy,

in message <96ce52d50809030639w747d050fhe918a0f3edd2c1c0 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I am using BMW board.
> i used Sandpoint8245_config for board configuration based on the CPU
> when i load the u-boot.bin i got following o/p
> FLASH: *** failed ***
> ### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

Well, what did you expect when you configure for board "A" and run on
board "B"?

> 1.Did i configured u-boot correctly for my board.If so what else i have to
> do  to boot the board smoothly.

If you really have a "BMW" Board then you must configure U-Boot for
the "BMW" board. Any other board configuration cannot work.

> 2.which cross compiler i have to use to compile this and where can we get
> it?

You can for example use the ELDK. See
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/ELDKAvailability

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
This restaurant was advertising breakfast  any  time.  So  I  ordered
french toast in the renaissance.            - Steven Wright, comedian