[U-Boot] How to get mac address into device tree for powerpc?

JerryVanBaren gerald.vanbaren at ge.com
Wed Sep 3 22:20:44 CEST 2008

John Linn wrote:
> I have u-boot retrieving the mac address from the i2c eeprom and using
> it fine.
>
> But it's not clear to me how I should go about getting it into the
> device tree so that the kernel can use it.
>
> Is there anyway to do this without doing it manually from the command
> line?

Call fdt_fixup_ethernet() from your board initialization (see
common/fdt_support.c).  You may want to look at some other utilities in
there and at some example calls from board configurations, e.g.
   board/freescale/mpc8360emds/mpc8360emds.c
to pick one pseudo randomly (I don't know if that is the best example,
YMMV, etc.).

> Thanks,
>
> John

Best regards,