[U-Boot] [REGRESSION] commit b502611b51... "Change env_get_char from a..." breaks imx31_phycore

Guennadi Liakhovetski lg at denx.de
Sat Sep 6 10:23:51 CEST 2008

On Sat, 6 Sep 2008, Remy Bohmer wrote:

> Hello Guennadi,
>
> > http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/attachments/20080722/92a646d6/attachment.txt
> >
> > which does indeed fix it for all boards setting
> > CONFIG_SKIP_RELOCATE_UBOOT, i.e., booting directly from RAM... Please,
> > correct me if I am wrong!
>
> You are _not_ wrong.
> It was my goal to fix it for all boards at once. Have you tried it
> already with the imx31_phycore board?

Sorry, do not understand. I tried it - what? I was testing with the
current git snapshot, where your patch is in, yes, and that is where I
detected the breakage on imx31_phycore. But that board does not set
CONFIG_SKIP_RELOCATE_UBOOT, because it is not booting directly from RAM as
described in the README. So, your patch does not help, as well as on all
other boards which do not or shall not define CONFIG_SKIP_RELOCATE_UBOOT.
And you say, that "I am _not_ wrong", which means, a patch that aimed to
fix the problem for all ARM boards has been replaced with your patch,
which only fixes it for CONFIG_SKIP_RELOCATE_UBOOT boards, of which there
probably should  be very few or none at all out there.

Hence the question: shell we set GD_FLG_RELOC centrally really for all
boards or are there boards out there that really must not have this flag
set?

Thanks
Guennadi
---