[U-Boot] CFG_64BIT_xxx and friends

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Sep 7 01:12:41 CEST 2008

Dear Matthias,

in message <200809041609.26474.matthias.fuchs at esd-electronics.com> you wrote:

> after testing the recent U-Boot code on a couple of 405EP boards I noticed,
> that the memsize in the output of the "bdinfo" command is always 0x00000000.
>
> This is caused by using 64 types and format directives in printf that only
> work when CFG_64BIT_VSPRINTF is defined.

Yeah, that's one more of these ugly bugs.

> So what's the best way to fix this?
> Here are four solutions. My favorite is no. 2.
>
> 1) Define CFG_64BIT_STRTOUL for all effected board.
> Currently all 405 boards have memsize output as 0 in bdinfo.
>
> 2) Define CFG_64BIT_VSPRINTF and CFG_64BIT_STRTOUL for all 4xx boards in
> include/ppc4xx.h:
> 3) Generally define CFG_64BIT_VSPRINTF and CFG_64BIT_STRTOUL for all boards.
>
> 4) Use an (ugly) workaround in common/cmd_bdinfo.c:

I vote for # 5:

5) Delete al references to CFG_64BIT_VSPRINTF and CFG_64BIT_STRTOUL
and unconditionally enable it for all boards.

Any takers to submit a patch?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"One day," said a dull voice from down below, "I'm going to  be  back
in  form again and you're going to be very sorry you said that. For a
very long time. I might even go so far as to make even more Time just
for you to be sorry in."              - Terry Pratchett, _Small Gods_