[U-Boot] CFG_64BIT_xxx and friends

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Sep 7 01:37:40 CEST 2008

Dear Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD,

In message <20080906230546.GI1249 at game.jcrosoft.org> you wrote:

> > 5) Delete al references to CFG_64BIT_VSPRINTF and CFG_64BIT_STRTOUL
> > and unconditionally enable it for all boards.
> >
> > Any takers to submit a patch?
> If possible not because it will increase the size of u-boot for board which
> not need it. When we will have kconfig it will be simple to activated it for
> ppc and other board automaticly.

You try to beat me on being the guard dog of memory footprint? That'll
be a hard job ;-)

Seriously: How much of code size are we talking about? And activating
/ deactivation the feature is  not  so  trivial  as  it  affects  the
printf() format specifiers we have to use.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
We're all sorry for the other guy when he loses his job to a machine.
But when it comes to your job -- that's different. And it always will
be different.
	-- McCoy, "The Ultimate Computer", stardate 4729.4