[U-Boot] [T-Engine] UBoot configuration for T-Engine/SH7727 MS7727CP02 DevKit

Yoshihiro Shimoda shimoda.yoshihiro at renesas.com
Thu Sep 11 14:00:13 CEST 2008

Hi, thaoth.

thaoth wrote:

> Yoshihiro Shimoda wrote:
>> Hi, thaoth.
>>
>> I think that your board cannot communicate with USB device at all.
>> SH7727 has EXCPGCR register. Do you set this register?
>> When I used this CPU before, I did the following setting.
< snip >

> Thank you very much,

You are welcome :)

> Following your instruction, I did
> int usb_board_init(void)
> {
>     printf("usb_board_init\n");
>
>     outw(0x18, STBCR3);
>     outw(0x18, SRSTR);
>     udelay(10);
>
>     outw(0x28, EXCPGCR);
>     udelay(10);
>
>     outw(0x00, STBCR3);
>     outw(0x00, SRSTR);
>     return 0;
> }

These registers are 8-bit width. So please use outb() macro.

>> STCBR3 = 0x18;
>>
> I couldn't see this register "STCBR3 ", I only saw STBCR3. Is it correct?

Oh, I am sorry. That's correct.

> But UBoot didn't work, Would you please tell me more detail ?
> Thank you alot :)

I am sorry, my explanation was short. This EXCPGCR value was for an another board.
In the case of your board, it may be necessary to make it a defferent value.
And I used my board, I set 0x1500 in PKCR.

Best regards,
Yoshihiro Shimoda