[U-Boot] [T-Engine] UBoot configuration for T-Engine/SH7727 MS7727CP02 DevKit

thaoth thaoth at cybersoft-vn.com
Fri Sep 12 07:46:00 CEST 2008

Hi,

> Following your instruction, I did
> int usb_board_init(void)
> {
>     printf("usb_board_init\n");
>
>     outw(0x18, STBCR3);
>     outw(0x18, SRSTR);
>     udelay(10);
>
>     outw(0x28, EXCPGCR);
>     udelay(10);
>
>     outw(0x00, STBCR3);
>     outw(0x00, SRSTR);
>     return 0;
> }

>> These registers are 8-bit width. So please use outb() macro.
They are the same. It is still problem.

> I am sorry, my explanation was short. This EXCPGCR value was for an
> another board.
> In the case of your board, it may be necessary to make it a defferent
> value.
As specification of SH7727, value of EXCPGCR is 0x28 and this means

""
The SH7727 has an on-chip USB interface (USB) which requires a fixed 48-MHz
clock source.

The extend clock pulse generator (EXCPG) generates a divided clock from the
internal clock (Iφ),
the bus clock (Bφ), or the external clock (UCLK).

Because the clock sources, which can be a candidate to be used by EXCPG,
vary from CPG
setting or external clock source, user of SH7727 must adjust the divided
clock, carefully to be 48
MHz.
""
* Bits 5 to 3—Clock Select (USBCKSEL2 to USBCKSEL0):
000: Peripheral Clock (Pφ) (Initial value)
100: Internal Clock (Iφ)
101: Bus Clock (Bφ)
110: External clock (UCLK)
***: Another value Reserved (setting prohibited)

* Bits 2 to 0—: Divider Select (USBDIVSEL2 to USBDIVSEL0):
000: 1/1 -> Dividing Ratio Selection
001: 1/2
010: 1/3
1**: Internal clock (Iφ), bus clock (Bφ), external clock (UCLK) halted

0x28: 00101000 -> 00 101 000 ->
* 101: Using bus clock
* 000: Dividing Ratio Selection is 1/1

I know
* Internal clock: 96Mhz
* Peripheral Clock: 24Mhz
* CPU Block: 144Mhz

http://www.nabble.com/file/p19449833/a.JPG a.JPG

Please let me know the correct value of EXCPGCR ? Is 0x28 correct initialize
value of USB clock?

> And I used my board, I set 0x1500 in PKCR.
I don't understand PKCR - Port control register so I don't know correct
initialize value of this register.

0x1500 = 0001 0101 0000 0000
-> PK6 is port output
-> PK5 is port output
-> PK4 is port output
I don't know this value could be set for my board - TEngine/SH7727.

I am appreciating your helping :)