[U-Boot] Watchdog support.

Luigi 'Comio' Mantellini luigi.mantellini.ml at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 08:59:33 CEST 2008

Hi ML,

I'm working  on a mips based SoC with an external watchdog. The watchdog
should be touched every 5 seconds in order to avoid the system reboot.

I tried to define macros like CONFIG_HW_WATCHDOG / CONFIG_WATCHDOG, but I'm not
happy for the result. For example, the serial port driver (ns16550 in my case)
don't touch the watchdog during the status polling, as well as a lot of
commands (copy in flash, tftp, ...).

I don't understand if u-boot supports or not watchdogs in a "structural"
manner.

Kindly, if you have experience on Watchdog under u-boot, tell my any comments
or suggestion.... in my application the watchdog is mandatory (i cannot stop
the _watchdog_).

Thanks again and best regards,

luigi

--