[U-Boot] [ppc440epx] D-CACHE

Matthias Fuchs matthias.fuchs at esd-electronics.com
Wed Sep 17 07:12:51 CEST 2008

Sean,

On Tuesday 16 September 2008 17:33:47 sean wrote:
> I'm using u-boot-1.3.4 rc1 version on my custom board based on SEQUOIA.

Which board are you talking about?

mfuchs at fox:~/git/u-boot$ grep EPx MAINTAINERS
        DU440           PPC440EPx
        PMC440          PPC440EPx
        HCU5            PPC440EPx
        korat           PPC440EPx
        lwmon5          PPC440EPx
        sequoia         PPC440EPx

> Do I just have to define CONFIG_4xx_DCACHE in sequoia.h?? Tha's it??
Probably yes,

> Or, Should I patch my u-boot source?
It flew out of our all's brain. So best thing would be to post the patches for
your board and everybody will see if they can help you.

> (The comment said that it needs further testing.)
This comment (wd: see include/configs/sequoia.h) should sensitize you:
a) it's disabled on all public 4xx boards. So it's not tested that good as
other options.
b) you should know would you are doing when you enable it. E.g. USB
will not work with this option and some OS do not like to be loaded
with DCACHE enabled (e.g. OS/9).

Matthias