[U-Boot] Linux hangs after Starting kernel ...message

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Sep 17 10:05:09 CEST 2008

Dear Batsayan Das,

In message <OF51921713.AB3B2AEB-ON652574C7.001C2E1E-652574C7.001CF9E1 at tcs.com> you wrote:

> When we execute "bootm 0x5000000" command it gives the "Starting kernel
> ...". After that nothing is printed in the serial console. We have
> verified "http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/LinuxPostMortemAnalysis" that
> "__log_buf" gives the exact booting sequences what we used to get when
> running vmlinux.bin from BDI.

This is no longer a U-Boot issue but a Linux kernel problem.

On ARM systems, one of the top ranking reeasons for such  a  type  of
problem  is  that you pass an incorrect/nonmatching machine ID to the
kernel.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Our universe is a fragile house of atoms, held together by the mortar
of cause-and-effect. One magician would be two too many.
                        - Terry Pratchett, _The Dark Side of the Sun_