[U-Boot] Watchdog doesn't get triggered on U-Boot command line

Jens Gehrlein Jens.Gehrlein at tqs.de
Wed Sep 17 16:19:51 CEST 2008

Hi,

I initialized the watchdog on a S3C6400 processor. The U-Boot boots fine until the command line prompt.

If I don't use the hush parser, watchdog resets the board approx. after 15 seconds, no matter if I do nothing or if I type in commands.
Reading the watchdog counter with "md" shows that it continuously counts down.

If I use the hush parser the watchdog is only triggered if I run commands, e.g. reading the watchdog counter. I can watch, that it gets updated.
If I do nothing, the board is resetted approx. after 15 seconds.

Is it intended, that the watchdog isn't triggered in U-Boot's interactive mode? I can't believe that.
Or did I missed something?

On which position could I insert in a "WATCHDOG_RESET();" call? The main_loop and the hush parser are very hard to understand.
Thanks in advance for help.

U-Boot is 1.3.4.

Kind regards,
Jens

P.S.: I hope my e-mail is readable. I currently have to use M$ Outlo*k unitl the mail system on our Linux machine does work again.