[U-Boot] Watchdog doesn't get triggered on U-Boot command line

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Sep 17 20:50:07 CEST 2008

Dear "Jens Gehrlein",

In message <47F3F98010FF784EBEE6526EAAB078D103AC722F at tq-mailsrv.tq-net.de> you wrote:

> If I don't use the hush parser, watchdog resets the board approx. after 15 seconds, no matter if I do nothing or if I type in commands.
> Reading the watchdog counter with "md" shows that it continuously counts down.

Please restrict your line length to something readable, i. e. some 70
characters or so. Thanks.

> Is it intended, that the watchdog isn't triggered in U-Boot's interactive mode? I can't believe that.
> Or did I missed something?

Normally the console I/O routines will  trigger  the  watchdog  while
waiting  for characters to arrive or to be sent. Obviously you missed
to add such code.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If I don't document something, it's usually either for a good reason,
or a bad reason.  In this case it's a good reason.  :-)
                 - Larry Wall in <1992Jan17.005405.16806 at netlabs.com>