[U-Boot] [patch 0/3] Improve stability USB memory sticks for the common OHCI USB layer.

Stelian Pop stelian at popies.net
Thu Sep 18 14:00:10 CEST 2008

Le mardi 16 septembre 2008 à 14:55 +0200, Remy Bohmer a écrit :
> This series is a set of patches that are required to make USB sticks behave
> robust while using U-Boot on a OHCI host.

Hi,

I gave your patches a run on an AT91CAP9 and had limited success with
them (usb seems to work, usb storage do not):

$ egrep FAT\|USB include/configs/at91cap9adk.h
#define CONFIG_CMD_USB		1
/* USB */
#define CONFIG_USB_OHCI_NEW		1
#define CFG_USB_OHCI_CPU_INIT		1
#define CFG_USB_OHCI_REGS_BASE		0x00700000	/* AT91_BASE_UHP */
#define CFG_USB_OHCI_SLOT_NAME		"at91cap9"
#define CFG_USB_OHCI_MAX_ROOT_PORTS	2
#define CONFIG_USB_STORAGE		1
#define CONFIG_CMD_FAT			1

U-Boot> usb reset
(Re)start USB...
USB:   scanning bus for devices... 2 USB Device(s) found
       scanning bus for storage devices... 1 Storage Device(s) found
U-Boot> usb info
1: Hub,  USB Revision 1.10
 -  OHCI Root Hub
 - Class: Hub
 - PacketSize: 8  Configurations: 1
 - Vendor: 0x0000  Product 0x0000 Version 0.0
   Configuration: 1
   - Interfaces: 1 Self Powered 0mA
     Interface: 0
     - Alternate Setting 0, Endpoints: 1
     - Class Hub
     - Endpoint 1 In Interrupt MaxPacket 2 Interval 255ms

2: Mass Storage,  USB Revision 2.0
 - P Technology USB Mass Storage Device 00000000000743
 - Class: (from Interface) Mass Storage
 - PacketSize: 64  Configurations: 1
 - Vendor: 0x1307  Product 0x0163 Version 1.0
   Configuration: 1
   - Interfaces: 1 Bus Powered 80mA
     Interface: 0
     - Alternate Setting 0, Endpoints: 3
     - Class Mass Storage, Transp. SCSI, Bulk only
     - Endpoint 1 Out Bulk MaxPacket 64
     - Endpoint 2 In Bulk MaxPacket 64
     - Endpoint 3 In Interrupt MaxPacket 64 Interval 8ms

U-Boot> usb part
print_part of 0

Partition Map for USB device 0  --   Partition Type: DOS

Partition     Start Sector     Num Sectors     Type
    1                   63         1974208       6

print_part of 1
## Unknown partition table

print_part of 2
## Unknown partition table