[U-Boot] [patch 0/3] Improve stability USB memory sticks for the common OHCI USB layer.

Remy Bohmer linux at bohmer.net
Thu Sep 18 16:54:46 CEST 2008

Hello Stelian,

> I gave your patches a run on an AT91CAP9 and had limited success with
> them (usb seems to work, usb storage do not):

Does it work without the patches? Is it a regression, or still an improvement?

> U-Boot> usb part
> print_part of 0
>
> Partition Map for USB device 0  --   Partition Type: DOS
>
> Partition     Start Sector     Num Sectors     Type
>    1                   63         1974208       6
>
> print_part of 1
> ## Unknown partition table

These errors are normal, 'usb part' seems to look for primary
partitions on a USB stick that is formatted as a floppy...

> U-Boot> usb storage
>  Device 0: not available
>
> U-Boot> fatinfo usb 0:1
>
> ** Invalid boot device **

I have no explanation for this error, it could be related to the
filesystem on the USB stick itself.
I do not see any errors that USB itself is not working, the problems I
fixed were in the USB area, and they solved all the problems I
encountered with USB sticks on AT91SAM9261 (OHCI)

I would expect that it would work much better than before on your CPU...
Unfortunately I do not have a test environment for AT91CAP9, so I
cannot verify this issue here.

Kind Regards,

Remy