[U-Boot] [patch 0/3] Improve stability USB memory sticks for the common OHCI USB layer.

Stelian Pop stelian at popies.net
Fri Sep 19 10:46:25 CEST 2008

Le jeudi 18 septembre 2008 à 16:54 +0200, Remy Bohmer a écrit :
> Hello Stelian,

Hi Remy,

> > I gave your patches a run on an AT91CAP9 and had limited success with
> > them (usb seems to work, usb storage do not):
>
> Does it work without the patches? Is it a regression, or still an improvement?

It is an improvement, without the patches it doesn't work at all

> > U-Boot> usb part
> > print_part of 0
> >
> > Partition Map for USB device 0  --   Partition Type: DOS
> >
> > Partition     Start Sector     Num Sectors     Type
> >    1                   63         1974208       6
> >
> > print_part of 1
> > ## Unknown partition table
>
> These errors are normal, 'usb part' seems to look for primary
> partitions on a USB stick that is formatted as a floppy...
>
> > U-Boot> usb storage
> >  Device 0: not available

What about this one ? Isn't this supposed to say something else ?

> > U-Boot> fatinfo usb 0:1
> >
> > ** Invalid boot device **
>
> I have no explanation for this error, it could be related to the
> filesystem on the USB stick itself.

No, the filesystem is ok. (it's a 1GB stick btw).

> I do not see any errors that USB itself is not working, the problems I
> fixed were in the USB area, and they solved all the problems I
> encountered with USB sticks on AT91SAM9261 (OHCI)

I'll try to test on some other AT91SAM9 boards later today, if I find a
few minutes...

Stelian.
--
Stelian Pop <stelian at popies.net>