[U-Boot] Uboot-1.2.0 on MPC8360EMDS board

Remi Lefevre rlefevre at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 22:19:33 CEST 2008

Hi Mike,

I'm very new to Powerpc so take my words with a lot of precautions.

I see two possibilities with your problem:

1. As U-Boot seems to reset after "Stack Pointer at: 0ffa9f28", you are
likely to encounter a relocation issue. As I have learnt it the hard
way (I cannot count the number of times my U-Boot hanged there), you may have
misconfigured the SDRAM module. Check other code using the same chips, memory
refresh timers and memory controller registers (SDRAM init sequence is
configured in the initdram() function of your board specific .c file).

http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/UBootCrashAfterRelocation
http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/SDRAM

2. If your board always reboots at the same moment, whatever the U-Boot
configuration is, you may have forgot to handle or deactivate your cpu
watchdog. On my mpc8270 board, I can disable them with the CFG_SYPCR
register; on yours, it seems to be with BCSR5[SWEN], but I'm really not
sure (and it seems to be off by default). Also check the CONFIG_WATCHDOG
option in U-Boot. Note that if you have slave cores on your board, you may
also need to handle them.

At last, perhaps try with a current version of U-Boot, you may get more help
with it.

I hope that this could help you. If not, just ignore, I just try to
give back the help I got there.

Good luck,
Rémi