[U-Boot] PrimeCell Peripherals

Gururaja Hebbar K R gururajakr at sanyo.co.in
Wed Sep 24 04:42:41 CEST 2008

HI,

> From: Roman Mashak [mailto:romez777 at gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: [U-Boot] PrimeCell Peripherals
>
> To add a bit to my previous message.
>
> As far as I understood from U-Boot's README, a standalone
> mode can and may want to use interrupts -- so it'd reasonable
> to have interrupts controllers support, isn't it? Correct me
> if I'm wrong, just trying to understand the architecture of
> U-Boot more deeply.

U-boots readme is general  for all platforms.

Yes, U-boot ARM supports interrupt mode, but generally not used.
Also standalone can use interrupt mode if the u-boot it is running on is configured to support irq
i.e., CONFIG_USE_IRQ is defined.

Then the user has to also define a do_irq command to support the same

Kindly look at below file for do_irq function definitions & its usage.

uboot\cpu\arm720t\interrupts.c
uboot\cpu\arm920t\interrupts.c

i havent seen this function definitions for arm926ej-s except

#ifndef CONFIG_USE_IRQ
void do_irq (struct pt_regs *pt_regs)
{

Regards