[U-Boot] working with loadb & bootm on u-boot-v2 for imx27ads Board

Lejin K Joy lejin at spacomp.com
Thu Sep 25 12:06:34 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I am successfully able to get the U-boot prompt on my board based on
IMX27ads.

However I am facing the following issue. Please help me out :

I want to load the Linux Kernel Zimage on to RAM. As per the documentation
we have used the following command to load zImage using Kermit protocol.

" U-boot-v2> loadb -c zImage "

(Also tried " U-boot-v2> loadb -f zImage ")

Which successfully downloads zimage to the file with default offset set as
0x00000000.....

a) But I am not able to understand to which location in RAM this image is
written to? b) Please let me know how exactly to load kernel image to
specific location on RAM?
c) Also how we can change the default location since the user is not given
an option to mention the address.
d) How to load the file " zImage" to RAM?

I was intending to do the following steps :

	>> loadb 0x100000 zimage
	>> loadb 0x1000000 ramdisk.gz
	>> bootm 0x100000 0x1000000

Please help me out as I am using U-boot-V2 for the first time.

I am attaching the loadb.c file which I am using currently. Are there any
patches

Waiting for your responses.

Thanks,
Lejin