[U-Boot] U-boot initialization test

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 2 13:32:50 CEST 2009

Dear eija_flight,

In message <22843365.post at talk.nabble.com> you wrote:

> Using U-boot 1.3.1 version,  It is possible (as a user) to apply all of
> these test feature into a standalone applications?
> because I need to log the result using standalone app.

U-Boot 1.3.1 is very old and basicly unsupported here. Please use
current code.

POST results get logged in the log buffer (of course you need log
buffer support). You probably can extend the standalone application
interface to access the log buffer, but I'm not sure if this makes
sense. Why not just using the existing U-Boot facilities? Or pass the
log buffer to Linux (see shared log buffer feature in Linux) and
process it therer using standard syslog technology?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"The fundamental principle of  science,  the  definition  almost,  is
this: the sole test of the validity of any idea is experiment."
- Richard P. Feynman