[U-Boot] core ticks/timer code

Ladislav Michl ladis at linux-mips.org
Thu Apr 2 21:16:28 CEST 2009

Dirk,

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 05:55:13PM +0200, Dirk Behme wrote:
> ... I'd like that we split general ticks/timer code clean
> up and bug fixes. I'd like that we implement the changes proposed by
> Mike and Jean-Christophe independent and don't mix them with other
> fixes for broken timer code like
>
> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-March/049146.html
>
> Having proper/fixed (old style) timer code will make it easier to
> convert to new style afterwards.
>
>  From my point of view this is similar to rule "don't mix coding style
> with functional changes".

Well the very same bug is present in OMAP1 and OMAP2 timer code, so you'll
end fixing copied&paste code for no good reason.
At least cpu/arm925t/interrupts.c and cpu/arm926ejs/omap/timer.c deserves the
same fix [*] you sent for OMAP3 code. So what about merging that timer code
first and then fixing it?

	ladis

[*] I have local fix for cpu/arm925t/interrupts.c, but since those copy&pasted
files started diverging just because each of us cares about different piece of
hardware, I do not want to make situation even worse.