[U-Boot] U-boot NAND boot support on Freescale PDK

alfred steele alfred.jaquez at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 17:21:50 CEST 2009

Hi Magnus,

Thanks for the response:)
> Until yesterday you were correct. I spent some time updating the
> published patches to the current u-boot and the status now is that I
> was able to compile the stuff. Haven't tried it on a PDK board yet but
> I'm hoping to do that in a couple of days.
> I will post patches when the stuff is running,  the patches will most
> likely not be ready to be merged as there are previous comments to
> take care of.
Ii had actually embarked myself on modifying the lowlevelinit.S and
start.S to create a SPL for uboot although i wasn't sure of finishing
it that soo;(. I hope these files apart from the linker
script(u-boot.lds)  and the config files(config.mk and Makefile) are
the ones that need to change for getting NAND boot to work.
Please correct me if i don't understand it correctly.

I wasn't actually sure why there is a need to create a separate linker
script like u-boot_nand.lds.

So i hope the patch would be ready in a couple of days. If you want me
to try them on the PDK before you actually release it, that would be
great.

Another thing i noticed while poking around the code is that though
MX35 PDK had SDHC(sd card) drivers in it, the MX31 did not. Would it
be in a individual GIT , e.g  the U-boot mmc git.

Thanks,
Alfred.