[U-Boot] release timing wrt linux

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Apr 3 21:59:35 CEST 2009

Hello everybody

in message <200904020716.34368.vapier at gentoo.org> Mike Frysinger wrote:

> can we shorten/elongate (doesnt matter to me) the next release process ?  the
> original time frame was picked so as to not overlap with the linux kernel, but
> the current merge window did exactly that :(.

This being a correct and reasonable request, I decided to extend the
stabilzation phase for the next release by 3 weeks. i. e. the release
schedule (see also http://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/ReleaseCycle) now
looks like this:

- The next version will be called v2009.06

- The merge window for v2009.06 closes in 2 hours from now. So better
  hurry up if you still want to get something into this release ;-)

- The release of v2009.06 is scheduled for Sunday, June 14, 2009.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
There's no future in time travel.