[U-Boot] Data cache breaks U-Boot on ARM

Drasko DRASKOVIC drasko.draskovic at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 22:40:13 CEST 2009

Hi all,
in order to enable data cache in U-Boot on ARM926, I have set up MMU to map
all 4GB region directly (fixed mapping) and created a U-Boot command that
will do all pagetable settings and switch on MMU and caches.

However, when DCache is switched on with WRITETHROUGH or WRITEBACK policy,
U-Boot stucks. Switching on only MMU and ICache works well, so I presume
that pagetables were correctly set.

Does anybody have idea what can be wrong here? I tried invalidating both
caches and TLB before and after turning on DCache, but I get the same
result.

Best regards,
Drasko