[U-Boot] Booting kernel from jffs2

Rams Subramanian rams.vmlinux at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 11:43:25 CEST 2009

Currently, I have two partitions one for U- Boot and the rest for
application(kernel + application)

Total 16MB  Flash

1MB U Boot
15MB "JFFS2" Application

The U boot loads the kernel from jffs2 using fsload and the system works
fine.  Sometimes, during software upgrade,  the problem comes when jffs2 is
almost full, the files could not be deleted to freeup space because of jffs2
limitation.  The entire partition needs to be reflashed which is not a
practical solution .
Is there any better way to recover from this failure situation where we can
boot a minimum kernel and can format the jffs2 partition and copy the
application image?