[U-Boot] Multiple device support -- sorry state :(

ksi at koi8.net ksi at koi8.net
Wed Apr 8 23:25:57 CEST 2009

On Wed, 8 Apr 2009, ksi at koi8.net wrote:

> > support
> > >
> > > Ah, that's that forked one! Sorry, my bad... I thought about the new
> > version
> > > of a legacy one that just shuffled source files to put device
> drivers
> > under
> > > devices/*...
> > >
> > > Can you tell me where it lives to clone the repository? I'd rather
> > give up
> > > on v1 entirely because it is not going anywhere...
> >
> > git clone git://www.denx.de/git/u-boot-v2
> >
> > > Do you have a separate mailing list for v2?
> >
> > No, just use this one. As long as the traffic keeps low, I suppose
> there
> > is no need for a separate list. However, it's probably a good idea to
> > have Sascha on Cc: :-)
>
> OK, thanks. Cloning now :)

OK, got a look at it. Looks promising but it is in very early stage yet... I
wouldn't say in pre-conception stage, but definitely on a very beginning of
the first trimester :)

I have the first prototype of MPC8548E-based big motherboard sitting on my
desk right now and it is in full bringup stage. All the hardware is checked,
bunch of smoked parts replaced and fixed, all clocks are ticking, CPU
fetching etc.

I will definitely join V2 development but for now I'll probably make a huge
set of horrible hacks over V1 to test everything and get my revision 2
started. Then I will be able to work on U-Boot V2 while my revision 2 is
made (schematic rework, re-layout, PCB, missing parts sourcing, assembly
etc.)

---