[U-Boot] Multiple device support -- sorry state :(

Robert Schwebel r.schwebel at pengutronix.de
Wed Apr 8 23:34:30 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 02:25:57PM -0700, ksi at koi8.net wrote:
> > OK, thanks. Cloning now :)
>
> OK, got a look at it. Looks promising but it is in very early stage yet... I
> wouldn't say in pre-conception stage, but definitely on a very beginning of
> the first trimester :)

Well, you are free to send patches. We use it mainly for ARM systems
which happen to be flash based (NAND, NOR), without PCI. So what was
implemented was what we needed. No reason for you not to send us your
favourite and fancy new features :-)

> I have the first prototype of MPC8548E-based big motherboard sitting
> on my desk right now and it is in full bringup stage. All the hardware
> is checked, bunch of smoked parts replaced and fixed, all clocks are
> ticking, CPU fetching etc.
>
> I will definitely join V2 development but for now I'll probably make a
> huge set of horrible hacks over V1 to test everything and get my
> revision 2 started. Then I will be able to work on U-Boot V2 while my
> revision 2 is made (schematic rework, re-layout, PCB, missing parts
> sourcing, assembly etc.)

Go ahead, we definitely are looking forward to more community
contribution.

rsc