[U-Boot] Ethernet receive issue in PPC440

prathika prathika at deeopl.com
Fri Apr 10 07:49:11 CEST 2009

hi all,
i am porting uboot in PowerPC 440.
i tried using the ping command.i have connected my board to PC via cross
cable.
When i monitor on the PC side using Network Monitor,
the PC receives the ARP request packet and the PC is replying with
acknowledgement.
I verified reading the receive status register in PPC, it shows there
was FCS error and the EMAC rejects the received packet.

Actually i enabled external loop back in PowerPC and made appropriate
configuration in PPC and in the PHY chip.I have no issues in receiving
the packet.things work absolutely fine. but when it comes to peer to
peer communication, i have problem.. should i doubt on my hardware??what
can be the possibilities?? has anyone faced such an issue?

Someone please help me in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,
Prathika R