[U-Boot] UART2 Console in u-boot

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Fri Apr 17 11:07:34 CEST 2009

On Friday 17 April 2009, prathika wrote:
> this might a little silly question. but still wanted to confirm with you
> all.
>
> i  have a board with PPC440 EP where I load u-boot configuring for
> yosemite as my design is similar to that.

You shouldn't just change an existing board configuration but port U-Boot to
your board. In nearly all cases the differences to the eval boards are too
big to just change things in the eval board files. And you have no chance of
upstream acceptance this way.

> I want the console to configured for the UART's second channel.
> Is it enough if I change the base address to second channel.

No, please don't! Because...

> Because
> there are UART base address defined only for UART0 and UART1 even if
> CONFIG_SERIAL_MULTI is defined.
>
> Some one please clarify my doubt.

This should do what you need. Add this to your board config header:

#define CONFIG_UART1_CONSOLE

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de