[U-Boot] UART2 Console in u-boot

prathika prathika at deeopl.com
Fri Apr 17 11:27:53 CEST 2009

hi,
Thanks for that reply.
i have ported u-boot this way to my board with few changes in the u-boot
source code and the board is up and i have tested stand alone
application execution also.

Now as my requirement is that my console should be on UART2 as my UART0
and UART1 are coming out as RS 422 lines and only UART2 is RS232. I did
some patch up work on UART0 lines and tested my u-boot porting.

I added a line

#define UART2_BASE	CFG_PERIPHERAL_BASE + 0x500

I have now changed as below and I commented checking for #define
UART0_CONSOLE and #define UART1_CONSOLE:

#define UARTBASE	UART2_BASE

Is this OK??

Thanks & Regards,
Prathika R