[U-Boot] UART2 Console in u-boot

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Fri Apr 17 11:37:51 CEST 2009

On Friday 17 April 2009, prathika wrote:
> i have ported u-boot this way to my board with few changes in the u-boot
> source code and the board is up and i have tested stand alone
> application execution also.

So you did a "real" board port to your custom board? Or did you "just" change
the yosemite files?

> Now as my requirement is that my console should be on UART2 as my UART0
> and UART1 are coming out as RS 422 lines and only UART2 is RS232. I did
> some patch up work on UART0 lines and tested my u-boot porting.

Ah, I though you wanted the console on UART1. Ok, then my solution does not
work for you.

> I added a line
>
> #define UART2_BASE	CFG_PERIPHERAL_BASE + 0x500
>
> I have now changed as below and I commented checking for #define
> UART0_CONSOLE and #define UART1_CONSOLE:
>
> #define UARTBASE	UART2_BASE
>
> Is this OK??

Best would be to add the 3rd UART (UART2) to the SERIAL_MULTI infrastructure
(see end of serial.c) and use this device as "stdin/stdout/.." in your
default environment.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de