[U-Boot] environment variables crc

Gerrit Van Damme gvd at mgb-tech.com
Mon Apr 20 17:46:22 CEST 2009

Hello all,

I've copied a flash image of one board to another one and changed the
ethaddr (environment variable)
of course when I start Uboot now the system says: CRC bad, using default
environment variables.
Now what I would like to do is recalculate that CRC, change it in the
image and then copy it to the second board.
Can anyone tell me how I can calculate the CRC and where it is located.
I already understood that it's a CRC32.

Any other ideas are also welcome...
Maybe It's even possible with the crc32 command of Uboot but then again
I would need the location of the CRC and which data is used to calculate it.

Thanks a lot

Regards,

Gerrit