[U-Boot] Kconfig menu layout

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 02:06:17 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 7:57 PM, Kumar Gala <galak at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:

> On Apr 20, 2009, at 5:01 PM, Jon Smirl wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Kumar Gala <galak at kernel.crashing.org>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> In chatting w/Wolfgang on IRC he felt that we should maintain the
>>> highlevel picking a board implies ARCH and other settings.
>>>
>>> However this seems like a lot of boards in one list.. To get a rough
>>> order of magnitude MAKEALL is ~880 lines.  How can we reduce this to
>>> make it a bit more manageable?
>>
>> I'd arrange them by vendor. The vendor kconfig variable doesn't need
>> to be used in code generation.
>
> Assuming boards/ is grouped by vendor today:
>
> $ ls -1 board/ | wc -l
> 269
>
> still seems like a long list.

Everyone will know the vendor of their board. You could alphabetize
and break the list into groups. I think there are some entries in
board/ that should be combined and moved into vendor subdirs.

I believe Kconfig is flexible enough you could have two ways of
selecting a board. By arch/cpu or by vendor.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com