[U-Boot] Kconfig menu layout

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 02:12:16 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 8:06 PM, Jon Smirl <jonsmirl at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 7:57 PM, Kumar Gala <galak at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Apr 20, 2009, at 5:01 PM, Jon Smirl wrote:

>>> I'd arrange them by vendor. The vendor kconfig variable doesn't need
>>> to be used in code generation.
>>
>> Assuming boards/ is grouped by vendor today:
>>
>> $ ls -1 board/ | wc -l
>> 269
>>
>> still seems like a long list.
>
> Everyone will know the vendor of their board. You could alphabetize
> and break the list into groups. I think there are some entries in
> board/ that should be combined and moved into vendor subdirs.

There are a lot of boards that could be moved into a vendor subdirs. I
suspect we have less than 100 vendors. Maybe as few as 60.

Don't some of these ads board belong in the freescale dir?
jonsmirl at terra:/home/apps/u-boot/board$ ls *ads* -d
ads5121  adsvix  fads  mpc8260ads  mpc8266ads  mpc8540ads  mpc8560ads
mx1ads  mx31ads

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com