[U-Boot] Kconfig menu layout

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 17:41:21 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 10:27 AM, Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> Dear Jon Smirl,
>
> In message <9e4733910904201712x68658ddfk3c18298deb82bd9f at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:
>>
>> There are a lot of boards that could be moved into a vendor subdirs. I
>> suspect we have less than 100 vendors. Maybe as few as 60.
>
> There is many vendors which have just a single board; also, there are
> vendors who prefer to remain anonymous for some reason. Just adding an
> additional directory level for a single entry does not make much sense
> to me.

My vote would be to require all boards in the board/ directory to be
in a vendor directory.  When you buy the board it is pretty obvious
from the accompanying packaging/manuals who the vendor is. This would
also assign some responsibility to the vendor to maintain the
subdirectory for their products.

Another choice is arch/cpu.

You can use the Kconfig search function Ctrl-F to jump right to a
board name if you know it.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at gmail.com