[U-Boot] Kconfig menu layout

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Tue Apr 21 17:57:54 CEST 2009

Jon Smirl wrote:
> My vote would be to require all boards in the board/ directory to be
> in a vendor directory.  When you buy the board it is pretty obvious
> from the accompanying packaging/manuals who the vendor is.

Companies and product lines get bought, names change...

IMHO, architecture (selected by kconfig, not ARCH=) and CPU family are a
more robust and managable way of sorting the menu -- and would be
familiar to those used to configuring Linux.  We could still pull in a
defconfig from the command line based on a board name alone (in addition
to the search functionality you mention).

> This would also assign some responsibility to the vendor to maintain the
> subdirectory for their products.

Assuming the vendor cares. :-)

-Scott