[U-Boot] Uboot bitmap utility

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Tue Apr 28 10:50:41 CEST 2009

Hi Steven,

> Yes, I do see what U-boot is doing. I looked at bmp_logo.c and its output.
> It seems that the color palette entries are all 16 bits (unsigned short).

To synch up - you are trying to use the 'logo_plot' code from
drivers/video/cfb_console.c, right?

> For my application, I have 24 bit color, which expects each pixel to be 32
> bits, of which only 24 bits are used. So the palette, I assume, should be
> unsigned longs for each color entry. Correct or am I missing something?

Rather than changing this code, why don't you switch to the bmp routines
(common/cmd_bmp.c + (one option) common/lcd.c) which recently got
support for 16bpp displays?  It may be easier to add 32-bit support
here...

> Did I interpret the code correctly? Does it expect 16 bits per color?

It seems so..

Cheers
  Detlev

--
... does Linux have a better [security] track record than MS? Damn right it
does. We've had fewer problems, and I think there are more people out there