[U-Boot] Toradex board with Colibri PXA270

Daniel Stenberg daniel at haxx.se
Tue Apr 28 11:37:14 CEST 2009

Hello u-booters,

I'm currently working with a Toradex board featuring a Colibri PXA270 module,
and I noticed this attempt to get a Colibri PXA270 patch applied

 	http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/050634.html

... which seems it didn't get anywhere further than so.

The conclusion, or should I say request, from there was to make more parts
re-used within the source tree to reduce code duplication and I can only agree
with that.

Seeing that this is a PXA(270) equipped board, wouldn't it make sense to do
some of the low level init etc stuff in the cpu-specific area (cpu/pxa/) ? The
entire gpio handling (and similar) is after all common for all PXA270 isn't
it?

So, is there anyone with more specific thoughts or opinions on this? What can
I do to push this forward to the next level?

--

  / daniel.haxx.se