[U-Boot] Toradex board with Colibri PXA270

Daniel Mack daniel at caiaq.de
Tue Apr 28 12:47:55 CEST 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 11:37:14AM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> I'm currently working with a Toradex board featuring a Colibri PXA270 module,
> and I noticed this attempt to get a Colibri PXA270 patch applied
>
>  	http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/050634.html
>
> ... which seems it didn't get anywhere further than so.
>
> The conclusion, or should I say request, from there was to make more parts
> re-used within the source tree to reduce code duplication and I can only agree
> with that.
>
> Seeing that this is a PXA(270) equipped board, wouldn't it make sense to do
> some of the low level init etc stuff in the cpu-specific area (cpu/pxa/) ? The
> entire gpio handling (and similar) is after all common for all PXA270 isn't
> it?
>
> So, is there anyone with more specific thoughts or opinions on this? What can
> I do to push this forward to the next level?

In case you do that, please call the board 'colibri-pxa270' in folder
and config file names, not just 'colibri' like in the version you
referred to above. There are versions of that modules with pxa3[012]0
CPUs which are entirely different and need extra care.

I submitted a patch to support that module 1,5 years ago - if you miss
some pieces, you might have a look here:

	http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2007-November/026890.html

Bringing this in shape is a good idea, though.

Daniel