[U-Boot] OMAP3: Pending patches

Dirk Behme dirk.behme at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 28 16:52:30 CEST 2009

Dear Wolfgang,

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> Dear Dirk,
>
> In message <49F5C746.6040204 at googlemail.com> you wrote:
>> Short status update after recent merges and patch updates. As usual,
>> please correct if anything is wrong or missing.
>
> Thanks for the summary.
>
>> Dirk Behme wrote:
>>> To avoid loosing the overview, here my list of pending OMAP3 patches
>>> ready to be applied. From my point of view there are no open comments on
>>> these which will prevent to apply them. But please correct if I
>>> overlooked anything or add what (patches? comments?) I missed.
>>>
>>> 1. OMAP3: Beagle: Set pinmux conditionally for Rev C boards
>>> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/051013.html
>> Mail
>>
>> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/051459.html
>>
>> tells us that this should be applied to u-boot-arm next. But I can't
>> find it in gitweb
>>
>> http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot/u-boot-arm.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/next
>>
>> Did I miss something?
>
> I cannot find it either.

:(

>> Btw.: As initial patch and first update was sent ~1 day after merge
>> window close (Apr 4?) I hoped to have a chance to still get it into
>> master ;(
>
> We don't have to bend much to consider this even a bug fix (it fixes a
> specific board configuration, doesn't it?).

Yes. We got a new board HW revision ('revision C', with some
re-wiring) which needs some minor changes in PinMux to support this
changed wiring. Thanks to a HW identification (resistors on GPIOs) we
are able to auto detect HW revision and configure correct pin mux
automagically. This is done by this patch.

>>> 2. OMAP3: Remove legacy NAND defines

>>> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/050864.html
>>> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/050865.html
>>> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/050866.html
>>> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/050868.html
>>> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/050867.html
>> Applied to u-boot-arm next (see comment about merge window above).
>>
>>> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/050869.html
>> Applied to u-boot-arm next (see comment about merge window above).
>>
>>> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/050870.html
>>> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/050871.html
>> Applied to u-boot-arm next. Request to move to master by Wolfgang.
>

> I think all the patches listed above could and should go into master
> now.
>
> Jean-Cristophe, what do you think? Do you have any specific reasons
> for not pulling these into master now?
>
>>> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/050872.html
>> For the rest of the Zoom2 patches (#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #8 & #10)
>>
>> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/051383.html
>> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/051384.html
>> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/051385.html
>> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/051386.html
>> http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/051455.html
>>
>> seem to apply.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here, Dirk.

I tried to say that for patches #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #8 & #10 there are
comments in the 5 mails linked above (i.e. the comments in the 5 mails
above apply to the patches #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #8 & #10).

> I understand that
> Jean-Cristophe requested changes,

Yes.

> and we're waiting for a resubmit,
> right?

Well, before waiting for a resubmit, I would wait for a comment
(discussion?) from the patch author (Tom).

Anyhow, seems we got a comment from Tom

http://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2009-April/051605.html

and _now_ we are waiting for a resubmit ;)

> Jean-Cristophe, I really would like to  see  some  progress  in  this
> area,  so  I'd appreciate if you could apply the patches listed above
> to master and send me a pull request. Thanks.

Many thanks for helping and best regards

Dirk