[U-Boot] U-boot -printk kernel crash dump using md on PDK

alfred steele alfred.jaquez at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 01:36:05 CEST 2009

Hi Magnus,

> The mainline u-boot + my patches from early April does not contain any
> driver for the i.MX31 NAND flash controller so that can't autodetect
> any flash part at all.
How does it boot out of NAND then? I am getting confused. By
detection, i meant the basic  init of the NFC and the NFCBUF and the
associated initiliazation to pool the SPL off the NAND which further
hand over to the uboot.

> Follow the startup sequence in lib_arm/board.c:start_armboot and place
> printf at strategic locations (unless you have a debugger which you
> can single step in).
How do i debug after u-boot relocates itself in RAM. I am getting this
on using u-boot as the ELF file with arm-elf-gdb. I remember when i
had the BDI3000 handy, i was getting a segfault when doing a "remote
target <IP>:2001>. Please suggest.

> CONFIG_NAND_SPL is defined in
> nand_spl/board/freescale/mx31pdk/Makefile when it builds the second
> phase loader.
CONFIG_NAND_SPL  is fine but  CONFIG_SKIP_LOWLEVEL_INIT and
CONFIG_SKIP_RELOCATE_UBOOT should not be defined in case we are
booting out of NAND, right?

Thanks.