[U-Boot] U-boot -printk kernel crash dump using md on PDK

Magnus Lilja lilja.magnus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 19:52:12 CEST 2009

> At this point, it should be showing up the processor info.  I am using
> a custom board with a different flash part. Samsung(KR series), and i
> guess it is part of nand_id table as i have used that to get my other
> version (patches form internal fresclae git) up and running. But i
> believe the overall flash detection  happens automatically once you
> have the id in place. Correct me if i am wrong.

A custom board with different flash and to me it's very confusing
which patches/version of u-boot you're and referring to in different
mails.

The mainline u-boot + my patches from early April does not contain any
driver for the i.MX31 NAND flash controller so that can't autodetect
any flash part at all.

> Are there any specific files to look into from here.

Follow the startup sequence in lib_arm/board.c:start_armboot and place
printf at strategic locations (unless you have a debugger which you
can single step in).

> Another thing i
> noticed  is that the config file in my build was somehow defining
> CONFIG_SKIP_LOWLEVEL_INIT and CONFIG_SKIP_RELOCATE_UBOOT which should
> not be the case. I put a #warning to identify that. What could be
> wrong?
>
> //#if defined(CONFIG_NAND_U_BOOT) && !defined(CONFIG_NAND_SPL)
> //#warning "defined(CONFIG_NAND_U_BOOT) && !defined(CONFIG_NAND_SPL)"
> //#define CONFIG_SKIP_LOWLEVEL_INIT
> //#define CONFIG_SKIP_RELOCATE_UBOOT
> //#endif

CONFIG_NAND_SPL is defined in
nand_spl/board/freescale/mx31pdk/Makefile when it builds the second
phase loader.

/Magnus