[U-Boot] [RFC] MAKEALL Policy

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Apr 30 00:24:31 CEST 2009

Dear Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD,

In message <20090429212136.GI522 at game.jcrosoft.org> you wrote:

> 	Actually all the new board or nearly is add to the MAKEALL

Yes, and that's a good thing, as this way all boards get
compile-tested.

> 	As point by Kumar it's start to be a huge database
>
> 	I think we need a better policy to add boards in it

Why?

> 	As it will hard at the end to maintain

Maintenance is not that difficult so far. What exactly is your
problem?

> 	Personnaly, I'll have in mind to add ref boards or boards that
> 	have special drivers or implentation. And stop to duplicate board
> 	with the same or near design

Nope. MAKEALL means MAKE ALL boards. If you only want to run it for
your personal sub-set then specify the board list on the command line.

MAKEALL is *intended* to build ALL boards.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"And they told us, what they wanted... Was a sound  that  could  kill
some-one, from a distance."                               - Kate Bush