[U-Boot] how big is the NOR flash on 85xx boards?

Peter Tyser ptyser at xes-inc.com
Mon Aug 10 21:26:03 CEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 14:07 -0500, Kumar Gala wrote:
> I was wondering if we can see how big the NOR flash is on the XES &
> TQM boards.

XES's 85xx and 86xx boards should all have U-Boot located in a NOR flash
that is either 64MB or 128MB.  Sector sizes are generally 128KB.

Out of curiosity, how does XES and TQM's flash size affect what
Freescale does for its reference platforms?  XES's preference would be
to maintain the current 512KB size to maintain continuity with
documentation, programming scripts, fdts, etc.

Would it be possible to trim down some of the enabled config options in
the larger Freescale boards?  The XPedite5370 (mpc8572-based board) has
quite a few features enabled, and it has a lot of room to spare:

   text	   data	    bss	    dec	    hex	filename
 307948	  26920	  37384	 372252	  5ae1c	u-boot

Best,
Peter