[U-Boot] how big is the NOR flash on 85xx boards?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 10 21:48:41 CEST 2009

Dear Kumar Gala,

In message <F424A9E6-AFF8-40F0-B134-92031A12568E at kernel.crashing.org> you wrote:
> I was wondering if we can see how big the NOR flash is on the XES &
> TQM boards.

Including the old MPC8xx? They usually have 4 or 8 MB NOR.

Anything else usually has 32...128 MB.

If I remember correctly, there are configurations of the TQM8548 with
4 GB NOR flash - no kidding.

Why do you ask?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Do you suppose the reason the ends of the `Intel Inside'  logo  don't
match up is that it was drawn on a Pentium?