[U-Boot] how big is the NOR flash on 85xx boards?

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Mon Aug 10 22:17:27 CEST 2009

On Aug 10, 2009, at 2:48 PM, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> Dear Kumar Gala,
>
> In message <F424A9E6-AFF8-40F0-
> B134-92031A12568E at kernel.crashing.org> you wrote:
>> I was wondering if we can see how big the NOR flash is on the XES &
>> TQM boards.
>
> Including the old MPC8xx? They usually have 4 or 8 MB NOR.
>
> Anything else usually has 32...128 MB.
>
> If I remember correctly, there are configurations of the TQM8548 with
> 4 GB NOR flash - no kidding.
>
> Why do you ask?

I'm asking this just see if we bump up in size if it should be to 768k
or 1M.  While this doesn't directly impact the TQM or XES boards I
just wanted to get a sense of how much flash people are putting on
boards today to see if 1M is a burden or in the noise w/regards to the
size of things.

My desire is if we support a different size on 8536DS that its a size
other boards would be ok with if they needed to grow.

- k