[U-Boot] 85xx: MPC8536DS board does not build

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at ge.com
Mon Aug 10 21:27:46 CEST 2009

Kumar Gala wrote:
> On Aug 10, 2009, at 1:59 PM, Zang Roy-R61911 wrote:

Hi Kumar, Roy,

512K is pretty big for u-boot (not unheard of, but still...).  Is it
really 512K or is it using a full page to hold the boot page (top 4K of
memory) and one page for the env (unavoidable):

+-------------------------------------------------------- 0x1_0000_0000
+-------------------------------------------------------- 0x0_F800_0000
+-------------------------------------------------------- 0x0_F000_0000
| Two sectors of u-boot
+----                                                     0x0_E800_0000

+-------------------------------------------------------- 0x0_E000_0000

If that is the case, you can gain a sector (less 4K) by rearranging your
memory map:
+----                                                     0x0_F800_0000

+----                                                     0x0_F000_0000
| One sector dedicated for the env

This also makes reprogramming u-boot nicer because your power up vector
and u-boot itself are contiguous.

Best regards,
gvb