[U-Boot] "raise" not defined, when compiler uses its own div0

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Aug 11 23:58:59 CEST 2009

Dear Ulf Samuelsson,

In message <4A81E724.3070205 at atmel.com> you wrote:

> > Try setting USE_PRIVATE_LIBGCC=yes in your envrionment, like
> >
> > 	USE_PRIVATE_LIBGCC=yes make ...
>
> I have done two fixes to make it build with openembedded.
> 1) Define "raise" in libarm/board.c which calls hang.

Did you use "USE_PRIVATE_LIBGCC=yes", and it still needed raise(),
or did you implement that workaround instead of using
"USE_PRIVATE_LIBGCC=yes".

Normally no raise() should be needed when using USE_PRIVATE_LIBGCC=yes

> 2) Changes mapi to "-mapi=aapcs-linux" in cpu/arm926ej-s/config.mk
>    Some toolchains want to keep apcs-gnu I guess.

I wonder why we enforce a specific API at all - would it not be better
to use the toolchain provided default settings?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Single tasking: Just Say No.