[U-Boot] Write back flash content to SD/MMC Card

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 13 12:46:46 CEST 2009

Dear "A. Geisreiter",

In message <004f01ca1bd9$9b5a25b0$d20e7110$@de> you wrote:
> I use U-Boot for booting Windows CE, not Linux. I need the functionality,
> because I will create a custom-built master image. And after I have finished
> the image, I will copy the complete flash content to a file on SD/MMC Card.
> Is there no support to create a File on SD/MMC - Card with U-Boot?

Please do not top post, full quote. And keep the mailing list on cc:

Please read  http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html

> > I will write back the complete content of my flash memory to a binary File
> > on SD/MMC Card. How can I do this? Is there any support to create a file on
> > SD/MMC card?
>
> Yes, there is such support - under Linux.

U-Boot does not support wrting to file systems (at least not yet -
patches are welcome).

Consider writing the files under your OS of coice. I know it works
fine under Linux, so probably you can do something similar in wince,
too.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Unser Kopf ist rund, damit das Denken die Richtung wechseln kann.
                                                   -- Francis Picabia